These are all free books or drafts made available by the authors and/or publishers.
Speech and Language Processing
- Probabilistic Models in the Study of Language Draft of Roger Levy's book on probabilistic models on language.
Finite State Machine and Computations
- Models of Computation - Exploring the Power of Computing Very nice book by John E. Savage distributed under a creative commons licence.
- Bayesian Reasoning and Machine Learning
- Convex Optimization Book, slides and additional exercises by Stephen Boyd and Lieven Vandenberghe
- The Elements of Statistical Learning: Data Mining, Inference, and Prediction Second edition of an excellent text by Trevor Hastie, Robert Tibshirani and Jerome Friedman.
- Gaussian Processes for Machine Learning by Carl Edward Rasmussen and Christopher K. I. Williams
- Information Theory, Inference, and Learning Algorithms by David MacKay
- Introduction to Machine Learning Unpublished draft By Nils J. Nilsson
- Introduction to Machine Learning Draft of book by Alex Smola
- Neural Networks A Systematic Introduction
Other Computers Science
- Analytic Combinatorics
- Data-Intensive Text Processing with MapReduce Jimmy Lin and Chris Dyer's awesome MapReduce opensource textbook with code available on github
- Introduction to Information Retrieval By Christopher D. Manning, Prabhakar Raghavan and Hinrich Schütze
- Mining of Massive Datasets Anand Rajaraman, Jure Leskovec, Jeﬀrey D. Ullman Covers distributed systems such as map-reduce and algorithms for large scales datasets.
- Programming in Standard ML Draft by Robert Harper and released under a creative common licence.
- Purely Functional Data Structures
- Structure and Interpretation fo Computer Progarms Released under creative commons licence and made avaliable in HTML format, unofficial PDF versions here