Speech and Language Processing Tools
All listed in alphabetical order
Finite State Toolkits and Regular Expressions
- AT&T FSM Library
- dk.brics.automaton Java toolkit for FSAs and regular expression.
- fsa Toolkit used in RWTH ASR engine
- fsm2.0 Thomas Hanneforths fsm 2.0 library written C++ has a few nice operations such as three-way composition
- Kleene programming language High level finite state programming language built on top of OpenFst.
- MIT FST Toolkit
- openfst-utils Nice set of utilities for OpenFst includes implemenation of Categorial semirings.openfst-utils.
- openlat Toolkit for manipulating word lattice built on top of OpenFst. Includes support for reading and writing HTK compatiable lattices.
- SFST - Stuttgart Finite State Transducer Tools "SFST is a toolbox for the implementation of morphological analysers and other tools which are based on finite state transducer technology."
Many of the toools in the machine translation section also implement interesting graph and semiring operations.
Language Modelling Toolkits
- Berkely LM
- Bigfatlm Provides Hadoop training of Kneser-ney language models, written in Java.
- KenLM Kenneth Heafield's language model toolkit, uses a very fast and low memory representation.
- Maximum Entropy Modeling Le Zhang has a comprehensive set of links related MaxEnt models.
- Maximum entropy language models: SRILM extension "This patch adds the functionality to train and apply maximum entropy (MaxEnt) language models to the SRILM toolkit. Currently, only N-gram features are supported"
- mitlm My personal favourite LM toolkit, super fast and seems to get slighlty higher accuracy.
- MSRLM "This scalable language-model tool is used to build language models from large amounts of data. It supports modified absolute discounting and Kneser-Ney smoothing."
- CSLM "Continuous Space Language Model toolkit. CSLM toolkit is open-source software which implements the so-called continuous space language model."
- OpenGrm Language modelling toolkit for use with OpenFst.
- RNNLM Recurrent neural network language model toolkit.
- Refr Re-ranking framework from the Johns-Hopkins workshop on confusion language modelling.
- Bavieca New open source toolkit featuring static and dynamic decoders.
- CMU Sphinx Open Source Toolkit For Speech Recognition Project by Carnegie Mellon University
- Kaldi Modern open source toolkit lead by Dan Povey featuring many state-of-the-art techniques.
- Phonetisaurus Josef Novak's excellent and super fast WFST based Phoneticizer, site also has some really nice tutorials slides.
- SCARF: A Segmental CRF Toolkit for Speech Recognition "SCARF is a toolkit for doing speech recognition with segmental conditional random fields."
- trainc David Rybach and Michael Riley's tool for direct construction of context-dependency transducers (Interspeech best paper).
- RASR RWTH ASR - The RWTH Aachen University Speech Recognition System
- Berkeley Aligner "...a word alignment software package that implements recent innovations in unsupervised word alignment."
- cdec "Decoder, aligner, and model optimizer for statistical machine translation and other structured prediction models based on (mostly) context-free formalisms"
- Jane "Jane is RWTH's open source statistical machine translation toolkit. Jane supports state-of-the-art techniques for phrase-based and hierarchical phrase-based machine translation."
- Joshua Hierachical and syntax based machine translation decoder written in Java.
- Moses Standard open source machine translation toolkit.
- zmert Nice Java Mert implementation by Omar F. Zaidan
- sofia-ml Fast incremental learning algorithms for classification, regression, ranking from Google.
- Spearmint "Spearmint is a package to perform Bayesian optimization according to the algorithms outlined in the paper: Practical Bayesian Optimization of Machine Learning Algorithms Jasper Snoek, Hugo Larochelle and Ryan P. Adams Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems, 2012"
- GrpahViz.sty Really handy tool adding dot languge directly to a LaTex document, useful for tweaking the small colorized WFST figure in papers and presentations. for